terça-feira, maio 06, 2008

2008 TBR pile

By popular request I've posted here the books that I’ve already bought and are on the pile to be read during 2008 (off of the top of my head):

1 – The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss

2 – City of Lies by Roger Jon Ellory

3 - A Quite Belief in Angels by Roger Jon Ellory

4 - A Quite Vendetta by Roger Jon Ellory
(“Ghostheart” I’ve already read. My God. I was totally flabbergasted by the book. If I have time I’ll post something about this book. It’s worth writing about it. For those who have read “Candlemoth”, this one is one notch better. I think I gave it 6 out of 6 stars)

5 – Die Fährte by Jo Nesbo

6 – The Man in the Moss by Phil Rickman

7 – The Chalice by Phil Rickman

8 - The Cold Calling – Phil Rickman

9 – Verblendung by Stieg Larsson

10 – The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett

11 – Woken Furies by Richard Morgan
(Before I start this one I still have to buy and read the 2nd volume “Broken Angels”)

12 - Emissaries From the Dead by Adam Troy-Castro

13 - The Crocodile Bird by Ruth Rendell

14 - Tree of Hands by Ruth Rendell

15 - A Guilty Thing Surprised by Ruth Rendell

16 - Summer of Night by Dan Simmons

17 – The Yiddish Policeman’s Union by Michael Chabon
(I’ve been hearing wonderful things about this book. I finally came round to get it. I also intend on buying “The Adventures of Kavalier & Klay”)

18 – Haus ohne Spuren by Viktor Arnar Ingólfsson

19 - The Year's Best Science Fiction: Twenty-Third Annual Collection by Gardner Dozois

20- The Year's Best Science Fiction: Twenty-Fourth Annual Collection by Gardner Dozois

This is not a comprehensive list… I’d like to have your TBR-lists to post here as well.

3 comentários:

Anónimo disse...

Já li o livro do Michael Chabon "The Yiddish Policeman's Union" e achei uma grandessíssima bosta. Cheira-me que é mais um daqueles autores que são mais parra que uva. Sei que ganhou um Pulitzer, blá-blá... "Who cares?".

Pedro

R J Ellory disse...

Manuel...
I don't know if this message will reach you, but I'm sending it anyway! This is RJ Ellory, and I just responded to your message on my blog. Why don't you e-mail me directly through the website (just go to the home page of my website 'www.rjellory.com', click on 'Contact me' and send me a message. There are things we can talk about! Lookingforward to hearing from you.
Best wishes,
Roger.

Anónimo disse...

I agree with Pedro. In my opinion Michel Chabon is largely over rated... Besides he is no plotter!

Richard