High Heat - Lee Child
Reacher portrayed as 16-year-old and behaving like a 30-year-old. 

Child is a terrible writer. His short, uneven sentences à la Dan Brown and his proneness for meticulously describing every simple physical motion, not to mention his readiness to begin almost every sentence in a row with the same word, really (almost) puts me off. I know, I know Lee Child is no Shakespeare, but somehow I can't help myself. Each time one of his books comes out I swear to myself I won't pick it up, but once again I couldn't resist. I've sinned again. After finishing "The Cuckoo's Calling" by J.K. Rowling late last night and after perusing my digital library I came across the latest Lee Child (not "Never Go Back", which comes out at the end of the month).

I just wanted to read the first pages and then stop reading and put it aside, but I kept on reading to see what happened next. When I got to the end of it I was beside myself, because I had needed to keep reading it. Voodoo book...? 

Child is an terrible writer but a shrewd storyteller. After a while you forget how awful his prose is, because you become engrossed in the story and can't wait to see what happens next. Cheater... 

I fear I will sin again when "Never Go Back" comes out...