sábado, abril 18, 2015

Buying a Pig in a Poke: "Now You're a Publisher" by INscribe Digital


Review:
Now You're a Publisher: A Guide to Self-Publishing (INscribe Digital INsights Book 1) - INscribe Digital

Disclaimer: I received an advance reader's copy (ARC - Uncorrected Manuscript Proof) of this book from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review.

Published 2014

It's merely an advertisement.

There is nothing wrong with using a book as a marketing tool, but that should be obvious from the get-go, i.e., when I first read the description, I assumed this was a “How to Publish Your Book” title and not a book supporting a marketing campaign from a publishing house. The book blurb doesn't make it clear that this is really a sampler, promotional booklet for INscribe.

At 30 pages I’m not even sure what kind of help it could provide even for potential INScribe clients. Maybe it only makes sense if one hires their services?

Two stars for the mention of NetGalley, which I’ve been for about a year now, but even that felt short of my expectations, i.e., there’s no suggestion on how to use the book portal. For that, less one star…

Original post: antao.booklikes.com/post/1148796/buying-a-pig-in-a-poke-now-you-re-a-publisher-by-inscribe-digital

Sem comentários: