quarta-feira, março 22, 2017

Micro-Fiction, Text 005: "The English Fry-up" by Myselfie




Word of caution: Not for the squeamish.


He'd been in Texas for the last seven years and had sorely missed the greasy delight of a proper English fry-up. Today his long wait was over and he could finally enjoy the breakfast of champions.
No black pudding to be found in the entire state, however there were three rashers of proper bacon, two fried eggs, a dollop of baked beans and a generous handful of slimy mushrooms. The sausage was a watery frankfurter rather than a proper banger but he didn't feel up to complaining. At least it was easy to slice with the plastic knife provided.

Two hours after breakfast he was calm as they attached the electrodes to his wet-sponged temples. His body convulsed against the leather straps in the chair as the switch was thrown. The breakfast ingredients inside him sizzled for the second time that day.


NB: Sorry Bookstooge.

6 comentários:

Book Stooge disse...

Now that was GREAT!!!

Not a big breakfast guy myself, but that ending made me laugh. I'm always a fan of justice and irony...

Book Stooge disse...

Dad gum it. I forgot to click on the email thing again. I'll get this, one day...

Manuel Antão disse...

I was not sure you'd go for it because of fiction thingy...

Breakfast-wise I'm a Soja-milkshake myself.

Manuel Antão disse...

I was not sure you'd go for it because of THE fiction thingy... Too early in the morning...

Luís Filipe Franco disse...

I like English breakfast really :). Great micro fiction:). The end was really surprising :)

Luís Filipe Franco disse...

I was really surprised by the end:). Nice micro :)!